2009 is officially history.
Looking back, it's been such a bittersweet year. The sorrows were many but thankfully the joys still outnumbered them. There were so many hellos and goodbyes.
· Goodbye extra weight (for a little while at least), old town, soil con job, ttc, awesome little church, amazing friends, country house, debt
· Hello new town, awesome program specialist job, big growing-on-us church, Hannah friends, small town house, new beginnings
For the past couple years I've decided not to do resolutions. I do want to lose weight (nothing new there) and have some goals to make that happen. And Chris and I will be embarking on a life changing journey and we are hopeful. Details will be shared here as available.
Instead of resolutions I've done an "I Am going to Try" List. And it's worked. I really try to do these things. And despite the changes 2009 has brought, I can honestly say that this year has been more fulfilling and hope-filled than years past. I've kept most of my previous ideas and added a few more.
- I am going to try to look for the good, the hidden joy, the sweet poignancy, in each moment.
- I am going to try to overlook the slights, the insults, the mean or just-not-quite-so-nice comments.
- I am going to try to tell the people I love that I love them more often.
- I am going to try to let down my guard and let a few more people in.
- I am going to try to hug more often.
- I am going to try to harbor hurts less.
- I am going to try to really be a better wife, friend, employee.
- I am going to try to snuggle more babies and little ones.
- I am going to try to relax and dance with my husband whenever and wherever he wants - the kitchen, the grocery store aisles, in the snow - whenever, wherever.
- I am going to try to be thankful, really thankful all the time.
- I am going to try to stay in better contact with my amazing friends.
- I am going to try to complain less and praise more.
- I am going to try to embrace hope more, and show bitter to the door.
- I am going to try to love more.
One final goodbye...
Goodbye Kelly - a part of our hearts went with you...